Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Mistook Wish


"I made a wish... a mistook wish."

I wasn't expecting a lot. It just happened that we came across with each other right after I wished on the ninth Misa de Gallo.

I didn't know why that all of a sudden, you just went away. I didn't know the reason of your leaving. Was it my fault? Or was it just that you did want to go?

You left me hanging, wondering of what I did wrong.

And then, I went back to the time when we haven't met, when I was just wishing on the ninth Misa De Gallo. I made a mistake there. A mistake that I would really never forget.

I realized that it was just last year. That last Christmas mass.

I remember you accidentally bumped me. You held me firmly so that I wouldn't fall off the ground. You asked for my name. And later on, we became friends.

For the straight twelve months, we were good together. The people around even called us The Inseparable Two... because we hang around with each other every time.

Now, as I reached to this point in time... to this December twenty-fifth, I get back to reality. And like the speed of a lightning bolt, realization hit me. It was on my wish. The mistook wish.

Why mistook wish?

Because I only wished of having someone until the next time I celebrate Christmas.



Ugh!

There it is now. I know now the reason why you... left.

The wish of only asking a year, and not a forever.



Jave A. Matugas
November 14, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment